It really grinds my gears.
I posted a comment somebody on DA didn't like and she blocked me from defending my self so I'm posting it here cause I feel I have to say this. To see how this came about see her journal entry and look for my comments. [link]
1. I watched this show from when it first aired on 4kids loved it then and will always will. 2. Be caused I loved it so much I looked online to get any glimpse of it I could and learned that it was originally from Italy and soon realized that 4kids put winx through some heavily edits so I searched to see the original show for my self loved it even more so while I watch the 4kids version I watched what I could find of the original all the way up to season three. I HAVE SEEN THE FIST THREE SEASONS OF BOTH THE ORIGINAL AND 4KIDS!!!
3. still loving it I eagerly awaited the release of the movie and because 4kids didn't dub it I had to watch it in the Hungarian dub and watched it to the end. So when rumors of season 4 spread I left 4kids in the dust to get the first look at the new transformations, new villeins and of course Roxy (who dispute not given a permanent spot with the other girls is still considered a member of the club by any fan.) And when that came to an end I still wanted more. I waited for any sign of it coming and found that nick had not only gotten the right to it but with the original creators "ok".
4. To help introduce the show to the newer generation without waisting time airing the hole first two seasons nick and Rainbow (the creators of wind club, 4kids wouldn't have had it at all with out them) put together 4 one hour specials in a more current animation style to sum up the two seasons, aired season three, dubbed the movie then redubbed season 4 and are currently finishing up season 5 (all of this done in three years, I'm impressed.) And yes, I watched them all. I do find Molly C. Quinn as Bloom a little unfitting and the show has fallen a bit towards an after school special vibe but I still watch it because I love Wins Club.
5. HOW DARE YOU. Get off your high horse. Calling yourself a "TRUE winx fan" makes you sound pompous, arrogant, and small minded. From me to you and everyone in between who has tweeted, blogged, fanficed (that's probably not a word but I'm using it anyways) drew or dressed up as a fairy and pretended to command the dragon-fire IS A FAN, nothing more nothing less.
6. And lastly. Do your fucking research on your subject before you spew your hate all over it.
I'm not trying to pic a fight ( cause one punch and I'm out) But I felt bitch slapped and had to speak up.